Grand Rapids Housing Commission/AmeriCorps VISTA
EnVision Center Program Coordinator–AmeriCorps VISTA
Posting date: June 24, 2021
The Grand Rapids Housing Commission seeks a full-time (40 hours/week) AmeriCorps VISTA-funded Program Coordinator to support the Grand Rapids EnVision Center. The EnVision Center is a centralized hub with a mission to support low-income residents in the areas of economic empowerment, educational advancement, health and wellness, and character and leadership. The Program Coordinator will link residents with needed resources and support and will also research and develop innovative strategies that will engage community leaders and residents in activities that further the EnVision Center’s mission.
- Research community neighborhood stabilization planning efforts in other cities.
- Participate in staff and community meetings to learn about the key issues facing workforce development in Grand Rapids; engage community leaders and stakeholders to ascertain significant challenges and help develop planning tools.
- Research grant opportunities that fund community and economic development planning or implementation; identify local and national resources such as foundations and federal agencies that administer grant programs.
- Help key stakeholders apply for funding through various grant programs.
- Work with supervisor to create a detailed EnVision Center community engagement strategy, including a one-year action plan and a five-year comprehensive plan.
- Help develop evaluation tools for assessing the success of the EnVision Center.
- Participate in required AmeriCorps events and other identified trainings.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with issues impacting low-income families and knowledge of the Grand Rapids/Kent County community
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with constituents
- Minimum of an associate degree in Social Work or related field preferred
AmeriCorps VISTA Member Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum age 18 (no upper age limit)
- Must pass a national service criminal history check
- Must hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses:
- U.S. Citizen
- U.S. National
- Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status)
- Person legally residing within a state (refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status
AmeriCorps VISTA Benefits
- Living allowance: $513.94 bi-weekly
- Health benefits
- Child care, if eligible
- Leave and sick time
- End of Service Award: $1,800 or Education Award valued at $6,000
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/E-Verify Employer